DURATION: August 2-5, 2022 | 4 Days
DEPARTING: Lincoln, NE | Omaha, NE | Council Bluffs, IA | Avoca, IA
PRICE: $499 Per Person, Double Occupancy | $639 Single Occupancy | $75 Deposit Per Person.
PRICE EXCLUDES: Any Private Expenses | Room Service Fees
INCLUDES: 3 Nights’ comfortable accommodations | 6 Meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunch/ dinners | Admissions for Listed Attractions | Tour Coordinator | Touring Motor Coach | Onboard Entertainment | Luggage Handling
TOUR HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
On this Missouri tour, you’ll “meet” three home-town heroes: Mark Twain, Walt Disney, and James Cash Penney.
• Experience the wit and wisdom of American author and humorist during Mark Twain Live as actor Mike Randall brings Twain to life. Have you ever wondered at the creativity of Walt Disney? Explore Disney family artifacts for the back story of the genius at the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. You’ll also see the James Cash Penney (JC Penney) Memorial Library and Museum.
• A narrated 14-mile trolley ride introduces you to major attractions in Hannibal, Missouri. We’ll stop at the Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum. There you’ll be greeted by none other than Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher!
• Relax during a dinner cruise on the old fashioned paddle wheel Mark Twain Riverboat. During this two-hour cruise, enjoy a buffet dinner, dancing, and music – and most of all, the glorious sunset.
• Tour the beauty of Villa Kathrine on the river bluff in Quincy, Illinois. Take time to shop at the Galesburg Seminary Street Historic Commercial District. You’ll also see the Railroad Museum and ride the rails on the Amtrak.
• On the way home, we’ll stop for a visit in Amish country in Davis County, Iowa. A step-on-tour-guide explains historic points of interest as we head to Yoder’s Kountry Korner (bakery and hand made Amish furniture) and then on to The Buggy Shop. Lunch at the Mennonite Church, and we finish the day at the Dutch Country Market.
Thank you for joining us! We hope to see soon on another Elite-Goody Tour.