DURATION: August 13-16, 2023 | 4 Days
DEPARTING: NE: Lincoln, Omaha | IA: Council Bluffs, Avoca, Des Moines
PRICE: $599/ person, double occupancy | $739 single occupancy
$100 deposit/ person.
INCLUDES: 3 nights’ comfortable accommodations | 6 meals: 3 breakfasts, 3 lunch/ dinners | admissions for listed attractions | tour coordinator | touring motor coach | onboard entertainment | luggage handling
HIGHLIGHTS OF TOUR
On this Missouri tour, you’ll “meet” three home-town heroes: Mark Twain, Walt Disney, and James Cash Penney.
• Experience the wit and wisdom of American author and humorist during Mark Twain Live as actor Mike Randall brings Twain to life.
• Have you ever wondered at the creativity of Walt Disney? Explore Disney family artifacts for the back story of the genius at the Walt Disney Hometown Museum. You’ll also see the James Cash Penney (JC Penney) Memorial Library and Museum.
• A narrated 14-mile trolley ride introduces you to major attractions in Hannibal, Missouri. We’ll stop at the Mark Twain Boyhood Home & Museum. There you’ll be greeted by none other than Tom Sawyer and Becky Thatcher!
• Relax during a dinner cruise on the old fashioned paddle wheel Mark Twain Riverboat. During this two-hour cruise, enjoy a buffet dinner, dancing, and music – and most of all, the glorious sunset.
• See the beauty of Villa Kathrine on the river bluff in Quincy, Illinois. Take time to shop at the Galesburg Seminary Street Historic Commercial District. We will also see the Galesburg Railroad Museum.
• On the way home, we’ll stop for a visit in Amish country in Davis County, Iowa. A step-on-tour-guide explains historic points of interest. Lunch at the Mennonite Church; finishing the day at the Dutch Country Market.